Facts &
Figures

TAYSTEE
DESIGN
DETAILS

Gross Building Area

350,000 rsf

Floor to Floor Heights

2nd Floor - 15'
3rd-11th Floors - 13'7"

Finished Ceiling Heights

2nd Floor - 11'6"
3rd-11th Floors - 10'0"

Exterior Wall

Glass curtain wall and window wall

Column Spacing

30' east to west
20'-30' north to south

Core Orientation

Dual side core

Structural

Steel frame and concrete slab

Floor Load

50 lbs. live load

Elevators

5 passenger and
1 freight / passenger

Telecommunications

2 telco closets per floor

Loading Dock

Drive-in

TAYSTEE BUILDING FEATURES

Outdoor Space

Penthouse 2 - 4,552 sf
Penthouse 1 - 6,677 sf
Floor 8 - 2,120 sf
Floor 6 - 3,525 sf

Lobbies

Separate east and west
public entry lobbies
Private tenant entry
lobbies possible

SUSTAINABILITY

LEED Silver

Bike Room

Indoor, Street Level bike concierge

Subways

A, B, C, D and 1 trains

Storm Water Reclamation System

BASE BUILDING MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL

Heating System

The building heating system will consist of gas-fired hot water condensing boilers.

Heating Distribution

Floor-mounted one tier fin-tube radiation including electric control valves.

Cooling System

The building cooling system will consist of one 1200 ton cross flow cooling tower with three cells located on the roof.

Cooling Distribution

Each floor will have air packaged DX VAV type water cooled conditioning units.

Tenant Electrical Load Capacity

6 watts/ usable square foot demand

TENANT ECONOMIC
INCENTIVE BENEFITS

relocation & employment assistance program

Taystee’s tenants that relocate jobs from outside New York City or from below 96th Street in Manhattan are eligible to receive REAP business income tax credits equal to $3,000 per employee per year for twelve years. A company relocating 200 employees would receive a $600,000 per year income tax credit under REAP representing savings of between $15 to $20 per square foot per year.

COMMERCIAL RENT TAX EXEMPTION

Taystee’s tenants are exempt from the occupancy tax that companies pay south of 96th Street. This exempts users from an annual tax of 3.9% of the rent, representing savings of almost $2 per square foot per year.

ENERGY COST SAVINGS PROGRAM AND BUSINESS INCENTIVE RATE

Qualifying Taystee tenants will benefit from reduced electric rates from two programs: ECSP and BIR. The first program will reduce the entire electric bill by approximately 15% to 20% for each of twelve years; the second program will reduce the entire electric bill by an additional 12% to 15% for fifteen years. Combined savings range from approximately 27% to 35% of total electric costs. Tech, life science and other manufacturers may also benefit from savings on gas charges.

REAL ESTATE TAX EXEMPTION

The Taystee Building will qualify for an enhanced 25 year Industrial and Commercial Abatement Program (ICAP) real estate tax benefit that will significantly reduce tenants' exposure to real estate tax increases.